Professional Golf Background:
• Turned Professional in Golf in the fall of 2013, playing on Tours throughout the United States
• Amassed 2 Professional Victories in Tournament Play
Professional Finance Background:
• Fidelity - Mac started his career as a Financial Representative Full Trader at Fidelity Investments, where he was responsible for servicing all client requests including full trading responsibilities. Mac earned his Series 7 and Series 63 Licenses.
• Private Harbour - Mac was recruited to join a local Cleveland firm Private Harbour Investment Management and Counsel, filling the role of their Head Securities Trader and Assistant Portfolio Manager.
o At Private Harbour Mac was responsible for firm wide trading, he was involved in both equity and fixed income research, and was utilized as a client-facing representative of the firm. He assisted clients with any and all investment needs they had, and provided a line of communication between the firm and the client.
• Wellspring – Mac joined Wellspring in June of 2017 as an Associate. At Wellspring Mac is responsible for the drafting of Investment Reports, Tax Projections and various Client Deliverables. He provides assistance with the Investments side of the firm, but is also planning on studying for and obtaining his Certified Financial Planning designation.
Personal Section – Charitable Affiliations, Interests and Family:
• Mac is a member of the Ronald McDonald Charity Pro-Am Committee, the largest donor to the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House and is a member of Bluecoats, Inc – an organization devoted to the well-being of families of Cuyahoga County Safety Forces who have lost their lives in the line of duty. Mac also volunteers with the Investment Club at University School in Hunting Valley.
• Mac is a member of Kirtland Country Club, and enjoys playing and competing in golf, tennis and paddle tennis.
• For fun Mac plays guitar, sings and enjoys working out and attending sporting events and theatre.
• Mac is the son of Dan McLaughlin and Debbie Coakley
University School, 2009
BS from The University of Virginia
Graduated as an Academic All-American from UVA as a 4-year Letterman of the Golf Team